Always longing for countryside, nature, forest, permaculture, gardening, wilderness.
But also, longing for technology, newness, beauty, art, architecture, human-made solutions. New products, new ideas, talking, exchanging, dressing up (a bit), a broadband super fast internet connection.
Finally I got it: I am a city girl.
I am a Nature lover city girl. I don’t love vegan, I don’t love green, I don’t love eco-friendly. I love Nature.
I know I am Nature - and you are too, by the way.
Sometimes people like me meet up in the city. Then they decide to change the world together and live as a collective. Eventually they go plant stuff somewhere, taking care of the land and of themselves. They build eco-villages.
Some other times people like me go travel the world to volunteer on organic farms (i.e. WWOOFing) or they are proud to join NGOs that work for humanitarian causes.
Me, I feel my mission for healing the planet is to talk to people living in the city - which are the vast majority - and provide them with the tools to actually change the world, to take care of their health and to invoke - and provoke - a system shift.
Three months later...
Ok, this was a note I found in my notebook dated 12 of June. Today is 12 of September.
In the meanwhile, I happened to be moving to the countryside. Exactly three months later, I am an official countryside mouse. It is such a life quality shift that I am not sure I’ll ever be able to go back living in the concrete jungle.
This is the list of the 10 things I love the most after just two months in my new living surrounding.
10 stunning things about living in the countryside
- Touching the soil with bare feet as I wake up early in the morning.
- Oxygenating at the light of the sunrise down a centenary tree.
- Watching microscopic dry dots growing into nutrition-dense, thriving, beautiful plants.
- Having the stars saying goodnight to me, thousands of 'goodnights' every night.
- Never feeling alone.
- Choosing carefully what to buy and what not to, because going shopping is an effort - and so it is to manage waste.
- Discovering new life-skills. We are all more resourceful than we think.
- Letting pets living free, happy and outdoors. Enjoying their love.
- Turning up the music and singing loud. There is no neighbour to disturb.
- Feeling One, with Nature, with others, with myself, with God.
Thank you for reading.
Whether you are a Countryside mouse or a City one, happy feasting to you!
The tale of the City mouse and the Countryside mouse. A collection of different versions attributed to various authors, the first one dated back to Horace.