(Full disclosure: I have no commercial affiliation with the authors / books mentioned in the post. I'm just sharing what I like!)
This is a Book Talk podcast where I share lessons learnt from some of my favorite books and authors.
Today I share a book by Christiane Northrup titled Mother-daughter Wisdom: creating a legacy of physical and emotional health (2005).
This book is a reference manual that gives an overview on all that goes into mother-daughter relationship throughout the different stages of life of a woman.
The author Dr. Christiane Northrup is very prolific. Some of her book titles include:
- Goddesses Never Age
- Women Bodies, Women Wisdom
- Making Life Easy
She is a doctor and obstetrician, featured as a women’s health expert, NYT best selling author and recognised by Oprah Winfrey as a Soul Igniter.
I like her rather holistic approach to medicine, health and life in general.
It can take up to 20 secs for the audio to start when you click the PLAY button. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The 8 lessons I share from the book
- How vaccines affect the immune system of a baby.
- The one most important thing for healthy motherhood and womanhood: connect to your innate Bear Mom.
- How to teach children to connect to their body wisdom and inner guide.
- Remember that you are a miracle.
- What are the "rooms of life" and the 7 years cyclic partition of a woman's lifetime.
- The very first ER in case of trauma: what to say in the Healing Zone (works with kids & adults alike).
- Money beliefs and conditioning. How to avoid "poor people opinions".
- How to teach kids to relate to their sensuality and body pleasure in a safe, loving way and without any guilt/shame.
Learn How to Make your Life Easier...
Captions from the video...
You are an eternal being in a body temporarily.
So when you know that, it is much easier to making your life easier.
Call up the divine part of yourself.
You allow your life to be divinely lead.
It is different than being religious.
Divin lead by a part of yourself, when you connect with that part.
You no longer feel like a victim.
Life takes on its magical qualities.
and life becomes eeeeeasy… ‘cause when you lost
There is a greater meaning.
It all has a purpose.
Your soul id leading you and clapping for you.
Books I mention in the podcast
John Acosta and Judith Simon Prager, The Worst is Over: What to Say When Every Moment Counts, Jodere Group, 2002.
Suze Orman, The Nine Steps to Financial Freedom: Practical and Spiritual Steps So You Can Stop Worrying, Crown Publishers, 1997. suzeorman.com
David Bach, Smart Women Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Achieving Financial Security and Funding Your Dreams, Brodway, revised edition 2002. davidbach.com
Robert T. Kiyosaki and Sharon Letcher, Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money - That The Poor And Middle Class Do Not!, Warner Business Books, 2000. richdad.com